Thursday, June 17, 2010

[Movie] What I Have Watched

I have watched a lot of movies and drama during this two weeks of school holidays. Uncountable. But, there's a movie and a drama that I would strongly recommend to all my readers. So, you can consider that, it is the best of the best movie and drama! Haha!

Let's go with the movie first.

Bodyguards and Assassins (十月围城). I actually hated myself that I didn't watch this movie earlier. I think it has been a year after this movie was released. Arrgh!! I missed that fever period!!


But, I think it's better to be late than never, right?

I came to know this movie after it won the Best Film in the 29th Hong Kong Best Film Award.

And, something I didn't know too, at first. That is, the movie has such a huge cast!! I mean all those popular film stars like Donnie Yan aka IpMan(甄子丹), Tony Leung Ka Fai(梁家辉), Leon Lai(黎明), Nicholas Tse(谢霆锋), Simon Yam(任达华) and Jackie Cheung (张学友).




The storyline was very good. That I will give a rating 9/10.

I don't want to be long winded too. The movie tells the tale of an assassination plot against Dr. Sun Yat-sen(孫中山), the revolutionary who eventually led the opposition grounds that overthrew of the Qing dynasty and founded the Republic of China. (Actually, I didn't know what the movie is all about when I was watching at first, but I slowly know it along the movie=))



The setting was so nice.

So, it is some patriotism movie. Some Chinese historical movie. Maybe most of you all will not like it, because I think I'm a weirdo sometimes, I like something that is different from the others.


Seems a million miles away from modern HK that you and I know as Central HK.


Whatever it is, after watching this movie, I felt so proud to be a Chinese. It gives me a sense of origin and belonging.


Haha, I'm a Chinese!!




p/s: I didn't realised that this post was long already. I think I should stop here. I will continue about the drama on the next entry=)

No comments:

Post a Comment